Although this is not really considered one of your garden accents, it most definitely is a kitchen essential. Plain and simple, I love to cook. One of the biggest problems though is having fresh herbs available, especially in the winter. Sure, you can go to the grocery and pick up little boxes of fresh herbs but they’re not very economical or, for that matter, fresh. Even then you’re either getting way more than you need or not enough to make the recipe you want to create. I run into this all the time, especially with basil.
AeorGarden to the rescue!
This is really slick. It’s a dirt-free indoor garden that so easy to use you could just about call it fool proof. It’s basically done using aeroponics. What happens is that there is oxygenated water with nutrients that are pumped over the seed pods and roots of the plant. No soil. That’s right, no dirt is used to grow your plants. That means you have no mess gardening. You grow you plants in seed pods which are basically a sponge. The grow light on top gives it the necessary light and the end result is a fast growing, healthy and natural plants. Nicer yet, it doesn’t take an experienced gardener to make things grow. You can grow just about anything, anytime, anywhere you want.
Here are just a few things you can do with an aeroponic garden:
- Have an indoor herb garden all year round.
- Start your spring garden indoors and then transplant them
- Bring a little color and life into a room
- Always have fresh flowers available
- How about fresh lettuce and greens for your salads and sandwiches
- Use it to transplant cutting from your outdoor plants for next spring
- Purify and freshens the air
This is kind of a starter kit but there are several other models to choose from:
The AeroGarden 7 high-output garden produces an abundance of fresh herbs, flowers, vegetables, salad greens and more indoors, year-round. Using aeroponic technology, your plants grow in water, nutrient and oxygenated air to directly deliver nourishment to their roots. The end result is extremely fast growth, up to twice as fast as plants grown in dirt. Comes with everything you need to get growing, right out of the box.
AeroGarden 0019-00Z 0019-00Z Garden Starter Tray
Start up to 66 seedlings indoors in an AeroGarden, then easily transplant them into your outdoor garden when weather allows. The s…
The AeroGarden 3 offers the aeroponic magic of our original AeroGarden in a stylish, space-saving package. About the same size as …
- Balconera Self Watering Planter Solved Our Watering Issues (hbb2obm.com)
- A New Revolutionary Method of Growing Wholesome Food Vertically (prweb.com)
- Best Soil Mix for Herbs in Container Gardening (brighthub.com)
- You: AeroGrow Reports Results for Quarter Ended September 30, 2010 (menafn.com)
Similar Garden Accents:
- Indoor Herb Garden? Secrets to Growing Herbs Indoors Herbs are a nice accent to any garden but fall...
- How To Plant Herbs For Your Year Around Enjoyment Garden accents like herbs are not necessarily just a summer...
- My Garden Accents is Dedicated To Introducing You To The Finest Accessories For Your Lawn Or Garden MyGardenAccents.com is dedicated to introducing you to a some of...
- The Advantages Of Having A Water Fountain As A Garden Accent Or Indoors If you’ve got the space available probably one of the...
- Frugal And Unique Ideas For Garden Accents When you’ve determined to add garden accents, decide on things...